Monday, October 14, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness Part 2

Here is a picture of my beautiful babies from the weekend :-)
This weekend was a great one. We started the celebration of Rick's Birthday who will be the big 3-0 on Wednesday. We went shopping at his favorite stores and ate his favorite food, wings of course. I tried to think of different acts of kindness while I was out. Saturday morning I did meet with a girl who gave me tons of nice clothes for Gracie, what an amazing thing for her to do. I in turn went through some of my kids clothes and gave them to her :-). She told me she had a blessing after I talked to her and her cousin sent them some money to help with bills because they were struggling. GOD IS SO GOOD. Also at Applebee's I saw an elder with rainbow hairbows, I told her how beautiful she was and how much I loved her hairbows. She told me and Gracie that we had just made her day. Next, at Wal Mart I saw another lady sitting down holding some flowers she had just purchased, I told her she was so lovely and what a beautiful sight to see when you enter Wal Mart, her tired face perked right up and she started busted out laughing. Last night at Cracker Barrel was my most satisfying RAK yet. We had a waitress who was at least 70, maybe older, she was scooting all around, cleaning, waiting on customers and she looked exhausted, she still had a smile though.  Something about that woman touched my heart and my eyes filled with water out of nowhere and I knew I had to do something special to help her in some way. I went to my car and looked for something I could give her, I dug and dug, I finally found a Christmas ornament brand new with Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I got that and held on to it. I continued to dig for stuff, I found some bath and body hand cleanser with a monkey case, I put that to the side for her too. I looked and looked but couldn't find anything worth giving her. I promise I would have given her my whole trunk if I had more valuable items in there. I took them in and gave them to her and she had a look of shock, her eyes filled with water and she said thank you so very much and kept a huge smile the rest of our meal. My heart hasn't felt so happy and full in a while and I am beginning to see how amazing our world is and not just focusing on the corruptness of it. I am thinking of more to do already for next weekend's RAK and anything during the week. Thanks so much for stopping by!
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...