Friday, July 27, 2012

My relationship with my parents

I have two awesome parents, along with awesome step parents.

My mom and dad divorced when I was 4 or 5...Honestly I can never see how they were together, they are so different, but I am so thankful they were together, I love them both with all my heart. I am thankful they divorced also because I wouldnt have my siblings now or my stepparents and they all play a wonderful role in my life and who I am today.

I am very close with my mom, we talk several times a day and see each other sometimes throughout the week and every weekend. I can talk to her about pretty much everything, I would say she still treats me like a kid though. I am 24 and she forbids me to get anymore tattoos, and still likes to know where I am...haha. Very protective I would say, but I like it...most the time. The older I get the more I understand her ways and it just shows how much she truly loves me. When I was a teenager we were close but I was so selfish and stubborn I hated how stern and controlling she was, but now I am thankful. I hope I can be half the mom she is.


Me and my mom from beach about 4 years ago
Me, Rick, Tori, and Cal (My stepdad)


My dad on the other hand is pretty much the complete opposite, he is VERY laid back and has never been strict or told me what to do about anything...When I was a teenager I thought that was SOO cool, and don't get me wrong my dad is an awesome dad and loves me so much but I think alot of times he just didn't want confrontation or to upset me so he would keep his feelings about my choices to himself. I love talking to my dad, he always makes me laugh no matter what the situation is, that is one thing my mom said she did love about him.  I call my dad every week or he calls me, he isnt really a phone person and he lives at the beach so we don't get to visit often which sucks because I really miss him.

Renee(My stepmom), Josh, Lindsay, and My daddy



30 things button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...