Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cooking with Mommy

The other night me and Gracie decided to make Oreo Balls. I have seen them ALL over Pinterest and honestly I knew it was a done deal when I saw them and I had to make them. Although this is a super easy snack to make it is a very messy task let me tell ya... The only ingredients you need are 1 package of Oreos, One 8 oz. tub of soft cream cheese, and Semi Sweet Hershey's Chocolate chips.

The first thing we did was crush up our Oreos in a ziploc bag. We had SO much fun doing this. You crush them until they are the consistency of dirt. After you do that you put the Oreos in a bowl and mix in the Cream Cheese with your hands....this is the start of the messiness.







But hey?! That's the fun in cooking and making memories right? After we mixed up the Oreos and Cream cheese good, we put our Hershey's chips in a bowl and melted them in the microwave. The next step was to dip our balls of oreos and cream cheese into the melted chocolate and place them in the fridge to sit over night and harden. 

Of course before we did that we had to have some fun and eat some yummy melted chocolate!



Isn't it funny how different my kids are!? Gracie is HIGH on chocolate and Gabriel is thinking....why in the world did I eat that...


The next morning our Oreo Balls were not beautiful BUT they were made with love and we had a blast!! Also they were SOOOOO good. I do know that next time we make some of these tasty treats I will let the balls sit in the fridge and harden some on their own before I dip them in chocolate, I think this will help with the 5 hour clean up afterwards :-)


Today is the last day to enter the Ink & Astor Giveaway! Go HERE if you haven't entered yet! :-)
signature

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try these! I'll definitely be trying now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...