Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wreath Makeover #2

I have been staring at this ugly old wreath hanging on the porch for a while now and I figured it was finally time to do something about it. When I went to Michaels this weekend I wanted to get some burlap. Little did I know how expensive it was. 9.99 for a roll? Ummm. NO. Rick, being the good husband he is, found a roll in a center isle for 6.00. I don't know what was so different about it but I couldn't tell, so we got it. I also found some ribbon on sale for 3.00 and the letter D for 1.00.

I have only made one other wreath before, you can check that out here. I was a little nervous so of course I scanned Pinterest for ideas. I tore off the flowers that were falling off anyway, and started with a fresh wood wreath. I wish I had a picture but I had so many ideas going through my head I forgot.

I opened the burlap and started to wrap it around, hot gluing several pieces to make it stay in tact. I burnt my fingers at least 100 times. I also TRIED to make some fabric flowers, which despite the easy pinterest tutorial it WAS. NOT. EASY. Maybe I just suck at it, but anyway, I wanted to make tons and have them going all around, I came out with three....Yeah. I gave up pretty quickly. So here's how it looked.

I added the ribbon around along with some scrabble letters, then took apart a Christmas ornament to glue on the D.

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. It's not professional but I like it. It is colorful and different....JUST LIKE US.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...