Monday, November 4, 2013

Books I Loved as a kid (and still do)

The other night I was going through my little ones books and I started thinking about how much of a role books played in my life as a child. I read all the time, my mom said that when I would get in trouble she would take the TV and phone away but I wouldn't care because I would just read and she didn't feel like she could take reading away....Lucky me.

I used to stay up until sometimes 2 or 3 am trying to finish a story. I would have my little flashlight and bottle cap glasses on flying through each page. Some of my favorite Children books are The Rainbabies, anything Mercer Mayer, and The Giving Tree.

I went on a hunt the other night for my Mercer Mayer Little Critter books. I had EVERY. SINGLE. ONE as a child and now they are gone. My heart died.

I called my mom and asked her where did she put them? Did she still have them? She said she had no clue what happen to them. I want to make it my mission to get these books for my children. I looked on Ebay and they had some bundles, I may eventually try to get some that way. I just really want MY books back...Wah....

So there goes my sad rant for this Monday evening....






signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...